Tips for a Healthy Summer
Posted on Jun 27, 2011
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center wants you to enjoy a healthy happy summer. Our series of posts offer tips on how to avoid problems.
On Extremely Warm Days, Tips for Preventing Heat-Related Illness…
• Drink more fluids (nonalcoholic), regardless of your activity level and don’t wait until you’re thirsty. Drink two-four glasses of cool, non-alcoholic fluids every hour.
• Don’t drink liquids that contain alcohol or large amounts of sugar. These actually cause you to lose more body fluid. Also, avoid very cold drinks because they can cause stomach cramps.
• Be sure to keep an eye on or check infants, young children and older neighbors or family members. They are especially susceptible to heat related illness.
• NEVER leave anyone in a closed, parked vehicle.
• Make sure pets have access to water and shade.
If you liked this article, you may also like:
Dream to Become Nurse Comes Full Circle Alta Bates Summit Classes Promote Parental Confidence and Communication With Your Baby Fixing Leaky Heart Valves One Clip at a Time